Friday 21 December 2012

Huge knock


The vegetables have been such a hit!
I made deelishus vegetable soup! I'm sure it would sell well in the top restaurants, its so good!




My friend sent me DVD's to help get me into me in shape.  Lovely music and easy to follow.
No problem,Wen, I'll look like this in no (literally) time! (Get it?!) Thanks Wendy.





I was in the bathroom and I heard Gundi screeching and screeching - getting more and more frantic. So I said "Here I am Gunds, come my girlie" and she found me! She is getting more confident. Later on I was in the kitchen and came back to the lounge where she spends most of her time and she wasn't there. So I called and she came scuttling out of the bedroom - she had remembered and gone in there looking for me. Now I see her looking for me at least once a day. Sean, you'd love her even more! What a treasure she is to me everyday! Thank you.

I went to the hair dresser.  The "Brony Salon" in Bantama, BS for short.  My normal (well he's not 'normal' - very much above average - he's really cute!) hair dresser in Pietermaritzburg kindly gave me some colour mix so that I could "wash that grey right out of my hair". What's the bet that Porks doesn't even NOTICE that I have had my hair done? (Head shaking, eyes rolling!)
It wasn't L'oreal but I am worth it!

I have avoided writing as I have had to try and pick myself up after a huge knock. We have been told that Porks cannot going home in January and can only go home every six months. Eish!  I am staying here to support him. We had booked a flight for Andrew to come home and join us and my mother-in-law's 90th birthday has had to be cancelled. She will just have to turn 90 years old on another day! My worm has just grown a couple of feet (in length - not those things on which they stand.) My glass and my cup are more than half empty at the moment. "Seal"! (in French).
It is so important to have something to look forward to, especially here, and now that light has been dimmed.  Despite all the love and encouragement that has been sent our way, I still feel like crying!



Okay, enough! There are thousands of people out there who have no jobs and who are battling though terrible tragedies of their own. I have had my say and now we carry on!




6 comments:

  1. Hi Shan

    Have just read your news --- BUGGER!

    But you have put your "big girl" pants on - GOOD FOR YOU.

    Will you be going home round June/July?

    I can hear Gundi cheering!!

    Is there much festive spirit there Shan? I guess the locals will be pretty spiritual and really that is what Christmas is all about.

    Hang in there.

    Much love from us in Aus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pete and Fay
    We have an important wedding in April, so I'll be going home for that and then again in July with Porks. Well, thats the plan anyway. Gundi IS cheering, shame! Lots of buying and selling going on in the little villages but I haven't been out much so I can't feel the Christmas spirit here yet.
    Very difficult to be positive at the moment! Sending love, Shan and Porks and Gunds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my dear darling friend! I just know you WILL dig deep and find in yourself somewhere.........the strength to MARCH ON, as you always do! Meanwhile, you ARE allowed to be human and feel sad and tearful,especially in front of Gundi, who will then snuggle you and try so hard to make you feel better! I must say, I DID wonder......WHO would look after Gundi when you are not there?
    Kel and Andrew WILL be fine over Xmas! Concentrate on the 2 of you (like you have choice!)......and knowing you, you will make this a Xmas (I know like never before...), a very special time for YOU TWO. (HELLLLLLLLLLLLL of an easy thing to SAY from where I am sitting!!!!) Have you "made" a "tree for improvised decorassies? Downlaod some Crrusmis Kerrells (Cape accent!), from Itunes perhaps ( can u???!!!).....and sing along...."Vee Viss you a Merrrrrie Chrrrusmas enda Heppy New Yee"! (also Cape accent!)Oh, and dont forget to leave Father Xmas (Porks) a beer (?) OR a stiff whiskey for Mother Xmas?!
    Oh my Shan...............keep your chin up,boobs forward, bum out....
    bum up,lipstick on, hair brushed,knees together, aboobi-da aboobi-da...."I'm SINGING in the rain, I.m SINGING in the rain"..........etc etc! NOW............I am being REALLY stupid! Love you Shan and Porks! Sleepy tight. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh my Robs. Thank you. To answer a few of your questions. Theresa would have fed Gundi but obviously would not have loved her like we do. I wanted to "create" a Christmas tree but Porks is still running around doing work things and I don't want to add to his stress. We'll just to postpone Christmas this year. To be honest too, if I pretend it isn't really Christmas, then I won't be too sad.
      I love your "singing in the rain".... a little inappropriate for here at the moment but very good none the less! Ha Ha! I AM feeling better so please don't worry too much about us....just keep being my special darling friend and I'll be okay! Love you lots Robbie. Your Shan. XXX

      Delete
  4. monday lunch time. Hi Porks and Shan. Please KNOW that you will be uppermost in our thoughts when we wake up on Xmas day tomorrow! PLEASE try and imagine my SHOUTS trying to reach you to wish you a HAPPY XMAS, even if, somewhat different! So "HAPPY XMAS PORKS AND SHAN"! I just KNOW there will be SO many people missing you, as you will them, so hopefully the "vibes" will reverberate up North, to at least make you feel a little bit of Xmas spirit!Tons of love and admiration for what you are dealing with! Love you tons. Charlie and Robs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you Robs. Your encouragement and love always come at the right time! We send love and happiness to you, Charlie and the girls too. Wish we were there! New blog published today to say "Happy Christmas." We really can feel the love sent from you my friend. Love Porks and Shan (and Gundi).

      Delete