Tuesday 18 December 2012

Christmas parcels

Jose` (`! )has had to go to a meeting in Kumasi and has offered to buy us some groceries.  One of the guys from South Africa has flown up for the same meeting.  Kelly and my special friends Wendy and Bridgette have managed to sneak some Christmas and love presents for me into this chap's luggage. I can't wait to see what is arriving!

We didn't feel like a heavy meal last night. I found another heart shaped muffin pan in the cupboard, so I lined it with bread, toasted it, spread a mixture of condiments over the bread and added an egg.  I then baked it and grilled it for the last few minutes.  (That is not bacon you can see, its just a "gemors" of things I could find in the cupboard.) Not too bad.
We had some cream from the top of the milk so I made a delicious bread and butter pudding as well.  I took a photo of the two things together.  See the priority of the type of food?  The only thing I didn't have was smooth apricot jam but used raspberry jam that I had sent up to Porks from S.A.
 
 We're not THAT greedy........
We did take half of it to Arno, a Brazilian, who sleeps at the hotel and eats his supper with the other Brazilian at the office.  He has a small room, no DSTV, just Ghanaian TV, but he does have air conditioning.  I felt sad as he has no kitchenette and no lady here to look after him.  He is going to Germany to his boys for Christmas though and leaves on the 20th December....hmmmmm, well then, I'm not THAT sorry for him.




This is the "stoodoot"/4 wheeler on which we go shopping in Bantama.  We could walk but some of us don't want to and Gundi is one of us.





Christmas has arrived early! Jose` and the driver arrived quite late back from Kumasi and he had bought us LOTS of vegetables....potatoes (I have not had one since leaving S.A.), lettuce, turnips, squash, real onions, aubergine, green pepper, beans...   wow...a  veritable veggie feast.  For the next few days its going to be "meat free Tuesday", "Vegetable Vednesday"....... (I don't know if Porks is as thrilled as I am!)
He also arrived with my parcels!
The one hugely unfortunate thing is that the chap from South Africa didn't have space in his luggage to bring everything that my Bridge and Wen gave Kelly to send up. So I just received a few things but then Christmas will continue in January when I get the rest of the love package!



I received seeds, dance and exercise dvds, books, magazines, pillow cases, exercise tights, suncream, lipstick and an ipod. 



I used the ipod this morning and the half an hour only took about fifteen minutes!?!



I asked Kelly to send up some pillow cases. The overly large green one has to be tucked under and it gets wrapped around my legs when I turn over. The new blue pillow case is the normal size that we are used to.







This is the colour of the lipstick you sent me Bridgie!  It's lovely, thank you!







I have asked Porks to get me a container filled with soil for Christmas.  I have been given other seeds from Charlz as well and still haven't managed to plant them as I have nothing to put them in. Maybe I have been a very good girl this year, we'll see.

                                       Yet ANOTHER sign that we just had to share with you!


Perhaps because Auntie Hazel and Auntie Sharon do not teach in Ghana! (Smiley face with a wink!)

No comments:

Post a Comment