Tuesday 27 November 2012

Excitement!


One of Porks' workers had to drive to Accra (about 9 hrs one way!) to collect something and I was able to give him a shopping list in the hope that he had some spare time to buy some much needed items for the house.
He will only be back late tonight but I am like a little girl waiting for my birthday presents...so excited and eager to see which items he has managed to buy to make our lives a little easier!... and maybe, just maybe I can have a whiskey tonight met ys, ya!

Even empty containers for left-overs for the fridge are like gold here and will help. I am starting to get like those wonderfully resilient women of my grandparents' age.  I am saving the wax wrap that covers the butter, to grease the dishes, to bake my cakes..(that lay in the house that Jack built!)  Everything is useful and I don't throw anything away that can be used in another form.


 
The view we have looking towards the road from our gate. (The hotel is on the right.)
And we complain about the heat when the air-conditioners go off!


The latest "audience".

Entry






Pageviews

 
South Africa

360   (Com'on South Africa!!)
Australia

118
United States

88
Ghana

53
Zimbabwe

39
Netherlands

18
Botswana

15
United Kingdom

14
New Zealand

14
Germany

7

 

 
 
Here is a photo of the colour of the eggs we get here. I am positive that the paler the yolk the less cholestrol it has, hey?
 
 

6 comments:

  1. That egg definitely has less cholesterol in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently the colour depends on what the chooks eat? Different theories on the Internet. Just a quick question Shan, do you hear any wild animals at night? Are there any in your vicinity? Do you see any when driving? Love, Fay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, nothing Fay. There is a game park somewhere and I hope to be able to go there and find out more about whether it is zoo-like or a real game reserve.

      Delete
  3. Hope you got most of your shopping list xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping the rest arrive today Meliss. See new blog.

      Delete