Sunday 18 November 2012

Day One

Our other loving family, the Nicholsons, gave me a darling little book to keep me motivated and positive on my journey.  Here is the appropriate first page....


So here we go......

 I slept fairly well in the air-conditioned room.  In fact, I added a light cover over the sheet as my legs always feel the cold.  I have decided that perhaps it is a better idea to put the air-conditioner on 22 degrees, rather than Porks' 18 degrees, as then the difference when you walk out the room or into the bathroom isn't such a shock to the system.  I'll give it a try today.
Kell, I think this place is even too hot for you!

Porks is trying hard to keep me happy.  Just as I was getting up, he brought me a cup of coffee before he left for work....SATURDAY!!!
I unpacked my bags and organised the "kit-form" cupboard that poor Sean was asked to get and assemble for me.  After about an hour I got hungry, so walked into the kitchen to get some breakfast, still in my jarmies, and there was a strange man in there making toast!  I don't know who got the bigger fright!  I still don't know who he was, I'll have to ask Porks when he comes home!



I was then hot and sweaty, so decided to take a shower and get dressed.  I adjusted the height of the shower and the whole thing fell off the wall!  Eish!  Everything here seems to be made of plywood or plastic and one cannot put anything heavier than an ear bud on the bathroom shelf as then the screws fall out!  As you will all know....I have not married the king of d.i.y. men so don't know when this will be fixed...."T O N YYY!!!"

There were very few tables and bedside drawers in my room this morning and everything was still on top of the one plastic table in the room.  So I scouted around the other three bedrooms (where the other chaps stay when they come from S.A.) and stole some of the tables and small cupboards from there.  I think I have made this room fairly comfortable now but the only plug that I can find is what the air-conditioner uses and then another in the bathroom, so I will have to try and make do.  Yay, Porks bought some extension plugs so I am sorted.

                                                              Not too shabby, hey?
                                                     (Can you see what's on the bed the Nich's?)

The electricity has just gone off, so I'll write again later!

Porks came to fetch me mid-morning on the "stoodoot" and we took a drive through Bantama. This is the main and only road of our little village. Before the dust had settled on the road behind us, we were driving back through it on the return trip!

Self portrait while driving through Bantama! 
 
Porks then took me to the office to introduce me to all the chaps there and to do a few things.  While I was sitting waiting, I noticed the photograph on the wall that the Nichs had given Porks six months ago for him to remember his family!


Do you see that since then someone has painted the wall!

 
Porks took me to the site where the houses are being built and I posed on our foundations.
It turns out that chap in the kitchen this morning was from the "hotel" next door that has rooms but no food and he pops in here occasionally to get something to eat.  He is a consultant for someone and didn't know that I was here so we were both surprised.

Porks is trying hard to keep me happy and has fixed the shower....yooooo hooooo!

I didn't manage to finish this yesterday as I had no connection so I am sending it now!

1 comment: