Thursday 24 July 2014

Update on Buddy

Well, we left for Kumasi yesterday morning at 6.00am and went straight to the "Vet" which turned out to be a "Pet Clinic".  It looked sterile enough for me and there were 6 attendants all in white coats. The instruments were in a sterilising solution and I thought that it probably would be better than what Buddy had experienced in Kwame Danso.
I am not going to go into detail as I do not want to relive or remember what Buddy and I had to go through. I keep having flashbacks and I think I have a tiny, tiny inkling of post traumatic stress syndrome, or does that sound too dramatic?  It was a horrible, awful and emotional experience and I vowed then that I would not own another animal while I live in Ghana.

Look for the good Shan, look for the good!

Buddy had many stitches, but we left with anti-biotics and pain killers which is more than we received from the first clinic.
Joe, the driver, was with  Buddy and me in the clinic and he tried hard to console us throughout the ordeal.
Roz, Hannah and Emma were waiting in the car and because Roz and Hannah leave in less than 2 weeks and Deon and Emma leave on the 12th, I am so grateful that this whole fiasco was completed while they are here to support me.
The weather was lovely and cool.

Our spare bedroom door does not close. We are sleeping there now as the air conditioner in the main bedroom has been broken for nearly two months. I was woken this morning to the door being pushed open and Buddy jumping onto me in the bed!  Tail wagging, happy little face and a hungry little chappy!

Throughout the day yesterday we received an outpouring of love and support from literally all over the world!  Buddy and I got through this thanks to you as I was ready to pack my bags and go home.  Just knowing that my family and friends really care about our well being means so much and I wish that all of you could experience the same feeling of a huge blanket of warmth hugging you!



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update Shan. We really care and are concerned. Sooooo glad little Buddy is on the mend. What a horrible experience and I understand your sentiments. Hope all goes well from now on. Thinking of you.
    Much love,
    Fay (and always Peter too!)

    ReplyDelete